Tuesday, June 19, 2012

So much to do...

      I am drowning in my "To Do" lists right now.  Every day I tell myself that I'm going to sit down and post on my blog, but every night, after cleaning up after dinner, putting the kids to bed, cleaning various things up and finishing or forfeiting projects I started throughout the day...  by the time I finally sit down at 9:30, my brain is jumbled and jolted and the "oh my God, I haven't finished anything today" sets in. 
      I have three huge, suffocating-feeling projects right now - 1.)  getting quotes for someone to put in a patio (and do other landscaping); 2.) picking out lighting fixtures to get the electrician in to set our house aglow; and 3.) pick a painter to paint our living room/dining room/kitchen after the electrician has finished.  This is all, of course, in addition to taking care of the kids and trying to do more than just get through the days (you know, like teach them stuff!).  And in addition to other things I would also like to do, like writing on my blog, reading the book for July book club, house cleaning, trying to take care of this toe issue (blog to come on that one...), go to bed and get some much needed sleep!
      I just can't seem to gain any ground on these things because I have so many things to do but only about two hours a day to do them...  and it all has to be done at night, when the kids are asleep so I'm not neglecting them or any of the other things on the "Daytime To Do" list, but then of course most offices and places are closed so I can't cross anything off the lists.  And speaking of lists, I have SIX blog posts/stories started that I just can't finish those either
     Ugh, so much to do, so little time!!  Hoping I'll get to post something more substantial soon... and get this other stuff tackled, too!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I feel like I have an endless to-do list and I "only" have twins. It's ridiculous.

    I so wish we could have seen you yesterday but honestly, the whole thing probably wasn't the smartest. We didn't get to do anything because the girls were uber cranky. We ended up having to driving around so they would nap in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete